Wednesday, May 21, 2008

recital night

It has been soooo crazy busy here. Last night was our spring dance recital at my work (Easton's school) It is a big thing (for a child care center) My class danced to "Eye of the Tiger" it was too cute. Easton's class danced to "Footloose" It was a tribute to the 80's Each class also given a small wooden stool to paint and decorated and auction off. It is a silent auction starting a few days before. Our class did a beach theme. I drew a beach with palm trees and on the legs I drew some under the sea things. I painted some bodies doing things like two mermaids and two scuba divers for the legs of the stool. On the top we had a surfer, a body builder, and some other different bodies doing beach things. we then took pictures of the kids in the class and pasted the heads to the bodies painted. I really enjoyed doing it. I painted a plane with a banner that said Purple (our class color) in Paradise. Any how our stool went for $150.00 Last years went for $85.00 so we went up. One stool from another class went for $450.00.

All the parents enjoy the recital. Especially our classes age group even if they don't get the all the moves they are cute to watch.



Now I have to get end of the year portfolios ready to get out. And we roll right into summer camp which is really fun, but very busy. The theme for the first two weeks is "Welcome to Camp". In the midst of all this I am attending classes two nights a week at IRCC. Evan will be graduating from kindergarten and the boys have a musical coming up.



A side note: I did not take the pictures or video They have it taped and put on dvd but they don't have them done yet. I was in the back getting my class ready. And stupid me didn't bring my camera and the one used is giving fits so sorry about the quality of the pics and videos.



No comments: